If you have a music blog, it’s imperative that you use it to its full potential. Do not just sit idly online and wait until someone gives it a mention. Keep in mind that when it comes to sharing your music online, your blog can be a powerful fan acquisition tool that will convert website traffic into new fans.
Do not just post links with the hope that you will get a few page views for hours. Here are some things you need to consider to drive more traffic:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is not only about search engines. Bear in mind that good SEO practices will improve user experience. Basically, your goal is to be ranked on top of search engines so traffic will keep coming.
So, how do you get on top? Here are some tips:
- Find targeted keywords: As soon as you have your chosen topic, you need to consider keyword research. This is important because it can help you find popular keywords. When looking for keywords, you need to find those that have high volume but less competitive.
- Write for other blogs: Aside from finding targeted keywords, you should write for other blogs. Your goal here is to get links back to yours and eventually increase your Google rankings. To be successful, you need to find blogs in your niche.
Optimizing social media to drive more traffic to your site includes the following:
- Social share buttons: to get the most of social media traffic, you need to make good use of social share buttons. In the end, this will allow visitors to share your content with their followers, which means more traffic.
- Mentioning others: if you mention other blogs or sites in one of your articles, this can drive targeted traffic to your website. Before anything, you need to reach out to other blogs and see if they will share it with their followers.
Your fans subscribed to your email list because they want to be informed. Sending email is one thing, but keeping your list engaged is another. If you get your mailing list subscribers, it will surely result in greater merchandise sales.
So, how do you get subscribers on your list? Here are some tips:
- Ask fans to subscribe after making a purchase: after making a purchase, you need to encourage the fans to subscribe to your email list. At the end of the day, this can result in more customer engagement.
- Promote on social media: typically, you need to keep your social media content different from your mailing list content. As part of your promotional post, you need to plug away at your email list and give exclusive special offers and content.
Indeed, it is disheartening to wake up with a very poor website stats. Instead of sitting idly and let things make sense, you have to take another approach so you will thrive. Take heart – everything will pay off.